Kenny’s Farmhouse Cheese is a 300 acre Dairy Farm and farmstead cheese operation in Kentucky, milking 120 cows and making and aging cheese on-site. We provide specialty cheeses to the national market with a regional focus. This is an opportunity to be part of a business that helps to sustain a family farm.
We are looking for an assistant cheesemaker to become part of a team of hardworking, motivated individuals in a fast-paced and physical working and learning environment. While our footprint is large, our team is relatively small and everyone on our team is required to wear many hats, work long (and sometimes odd) hours, and be flexible. The reward is making great product alongside a great team, and above all receiving an experiential education about how a small but thriving cheese business operates.
Operate directly under: Creamery Supervisor
- Cleaning and sanitizing equipment (this is the majority of cheese-making!)
- Working in the vat
- Taking measurements
- Salting and flipping large wheels of cheese and placing in/taking out of moulds
- Waxing cheese
- Brushing/polycoating cheese
- Maintaining supplies
- Helping in Aging caves
- Helping in shipping/packaging
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Must be able to work in a hot and humid environment
- Must be able to work in a refrigerated environment
- Cheese making experience is a plus and will affect pay but is not required
- Passion for Cheese is a plus but not required
- Computer literacy
Expect to work 40-50 hours per week.
Expect a negotiated hourly wage to start with a goal to move to salaried structure
Housing: We have housing on site available for the first 6 months of your position. This can be part of the package offered to you if you are hired.
We are in a very beautiful remote area. How remote? Just do a google maps search of “42123”
- 1.25 hrs from Nashville, TN
- 2 hrs from Louisville, KY
- 40 min from Bowling Green, KY
Please send a resume and a statement letting us know why you are interested to:
Van (at) kennyscheese (dot) com.